Fractional CMO’s are a perfect fit for growing businesses that lack senior marketing leadership.
A fractional CMO is a part-time Chief Marketing Officer. They are responsible for leading the marketing strategy and managing the marketing department. Fractional CMOs typically work with businesses who are in need of a CMO but are not yet ready to commit to the role full time.
What a Fractional CMO does:
- Works with C-Suite and Business Owners to develop the marketing strategy for both the short-term and long-term.
- Determines which marketing strategies are best for a business and will maximize the marketing budget.
- Solves marketing problems and can quickly answer questions related to the marketing strategy.
- Leads the marketing department and inspiring team members.
- Assists with hiring new employees and builds marketing teams that drive towards success.
- Works with outsourced agencies leaning on their experience.
A business needs a Fractional CMO when they require marketing leadership and the expert marketing strategy skills of a CMO, but do not need it on a full-time basis.
Reasons a business needs Fractional CMO services:
Marketing Leadership: The marketing department requires leadership from an experienced marketing professional. In addition to leading the marketing team, a leader is required in terms of decision-making.
Part-time CMO: A business is growing and needs the skill set of a chief marketing officer, but not a full-time CMO. Even if you need a Fractional CMO for only 5 hours per week, or 20. The needs of the business determine the amount of time needed from a fractional CMO.
Experience: You have staff to execute marketing campaigns, but they lack strategic experience. Therefore, you need someone who has done it before and can foresee challenges and obstacles.
Marketing Strategy: All business needs a comprehensive marketing strategy that drives to the goals. An experienced marketing leader will have the necessary tools to be able to develop and execute the strategy.
Reporting & KPIs: You need to monitor the health and progress of your campaigns and have someone lead marketing reporting and strategic meetings. Namely, so your team has accountability and is always results-focused.
Efficiency: Your existing marketing team’s efficiency is below optimal. You need leadership and management to maximize efficiency for your marketing department.